Ms. Anu Mishra
Phone: + 91 224235 5555 Extn: 5881
E-mail Id: email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- LLM(Gujarat National Law University) (Constitutional and Administrative Law)
- BBA LLB (Symbiosis Law School, Pune)
Expertise in Statistical Techniques/Dataset Handling/Technical Skills (ICT):
Ph. D. Topic:
Areas of Research Interest: Gender and Law with special emphasis on Third Gender Rights, Human Rights
Research Projects (Grants undertaken):
Ongoing: Co-Investigator in an Empirical Research study on “Digital Financial Literacy through Digital India Mission: Study of its impact in the rural areas of three districts of Gujarat” funded by Government of Gujarat.
Completed: Conducted an Empirical Research study on “The Rights of Street Hawkers in Ahmedabad: A study on the Implementation of the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014 in Ahmedabad.” Funded by the Gujarat National Law University
Work Experience (Academic):
- Worked as a Teaching and Research associate at Gujarat national Law University, Gandhinagar
- Total Industry Experience: 1 and a half years
- Won first prize in IGSC Scholarship Examination,1997
- Won CBSE Merit Scholarship ,2009
- Co-authored and presented a paper on “Disability and Affirmative action: Correcting the Imbalance” at the National Conference on Affirmative Action and Indian Constitution organized by School of Law, Christ University ( Jan 8,2016- Jan 9,2016).
- Presented a paper titled “ Affirmative Action: Reality vis-à-vis the Vision” at the National Conference on Affirmative Action and Indian Constitution organized by School of Law, Christ University ( Jan 8,2016- Jan 9,2016).
- Presented a paper titled “Gender Equality and Sustainable Development: Obstacles and the Path Ahead” in the National Seminar on “Role of Women in Sustainable Development” organized by GNLU (1st April, 2017)
- Presented a paper titled “Sustainable Development and Economic Development: Digitalization as a link between means and ends” in the National Seminar on ‘Digitalization in India: Prospects and Challenges” organized by Anand Law College, Anand on 22nd April 2017.
- Research Associate for the book 'The Companies Act 2013: Key Conceptual Transformation' Bimal N Patel, Dharmishta Raval and Mamata Biswal (eds,) 'The Companies Act 2013: Key Conceptual Transformation' (Universal Law Publishing, LexisNexis 2017).
- Mishra A and Rasheed MH, ‘Constructing legal structure for mainstreaming environmental Conservation vis-à- vis community rights’  World Journal on Juristic Polity
- Mishra A and Rasheed MH, ‘Renvoi in Conflict of Laws: A doctrine or Problem?’  Bharati Law Review 135
- Mishra A and Rasheed MH, ‘Right against self-incrimination: A Constitutional Privilege’  Journal of Global Research & Analysis 164
- Paper titled “Judicial Activism, Judicial overreach and Judicial Restraint: A constitutional challenge to strike a balance in the wake of emerging regime of law and justice.” (ISBN 13: 97881-928189-6-2) in the Conference proceedings of “The Third National Conference on Law and Justice” (10-11th 2015) organized by Auro University.
Workshops and Professional Training Programs Attended:
- Participated in the Panel discussion on “Protecting Softwares through Patents: Current challenges and Future Solutions” GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights Microsoft Chair for IPR, Gujarat National Law University on 7th Oct,2017
- Participated in the Capsule course on “Trademark registration-The Process & Practical Aspects” organized by GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights on 29th Sep, 2017
- Attended the Research Methodology Oriented Faculty Development Programme from 11th -22nd MAY, 2017
- Participated in One Day workshop on “The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016” organized by Gujarat National Law University, through its Centre for Corporate and Competition Law on 25th March, 2017
- Participated in Foreign Law course on “Global Constitutionalism Emerging Trends.” Conducted by Gujarat National Law University, 13 February-18 February, 2017.
- Participated in the Half-Day Session on “The Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and The Delegated Powers to the Regional Director Under the Present Company Legislation organized by Gujarat National Law University, through its Centre for Corporate and Competition Law on 1st October, 2016
- Participated in the Workshop on ‘Intellectual Property Laws for the Traditional and Internet Based Businesses’ GNLU Centre for Intellectual Property Rights in collaboration with The US Embassy and Microsoft Chair for IPR, Gujarat National Law University on 27th July 2016
- Completed a summer course on International Law organized by the Indian Society of International Law (30th May-10th June,2016)
- Completed a Research methodology workshop on “Legal and Interdisciplinary Research” organized by Gujarat National Law University (7 -13th August,2015)
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Faculty Member of the GNLU Centre for Banking and Financial Laws and GNLU Centre for Constitutional and Administrative Laws
- Co-Coordinator for the GNLU Air and Space Law Academy, (GASLA), 2017