Dr. Aarti Tolia
Chairperson - LL.M & PHD
Email - Aarti.Tolia@nmims.edu
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Ph.D., Doctorate through National Law School of India University- Aug’09 - Aug’14
- L.L.M., Master of Laws - University of Mumbai - Jun’01 - Dec’04
- M.A., Master of Sociology - Madurai Kamaraj University - Jul’07 - Apr’09
- L.L.B., Bachelor of Laws - University of Mumbai - Jun’98 - Oct’01
- B. COM – YCOU - Jun’94 - May’97
- Cyber Law (Diploma) - Asian School of Cyber Laws - Jun’17 –Dec’17
Ph. D. Topic: ‘Protection of Children from Internet Harms’
Areas of Research Interest: Women, Children, and Internet
- NMIMS School of Law (LL.B & LL.M) Mumbai, India -
Full time Faculty - July 2016 to Present
- Law School, SNDT Women’s University (LLM) Mumbai, India - Visiting Faculty - June’15 – Nov’ 15
- Prahaldbhai Dalmia Lions College of Commerce & Economics Mumbai, India -
Visiting Faculty - May’12 – Dec’14
- Children Welfare Centre Law College Mumbai, India -
Full Time Faculty - Jun’10 - May’11
- NMIMS, Shree Ville Parle-Kelavani Mandal Mumbai, India - Visiting Faculty - Jul’09 - Apr’12
- Sathaye College Mumbai, India - Visiting Faculty - Jun’10 - May’11
- Nalanda Law College Mumbai, India - Visiting Faculty - Jun’04 - May’10
- Jitendra Chauhan College of Law Mumbai, India - Visiting Faculty - Jun’09 - Apr’10
Court Practicing Experience
- Practiced Law on Criminal side independently, Borivali Court.
- Worked as junior advocate in Small Causes Court, Marine lines on Civil side with Sr. Advocate Raymond from 2001-2002. Helped in filing cases and handling civil matters under his guidance.
- Drafting all type of legal documents.
• The Indian Contract Act, 1872.
• Sales of Goods Act, 1930.
• The Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881.
• The Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
• Intellectual Property Rights.
• The Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
• Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.
• Factories Act, 1948
• Sociology in five years LL.B course, Law of Torts.
• Environment Law.
• Fundamentals of Business Law
• Business Law
• Law of Torts
Teaching Pedagogy and Innovation:
Chalk & Talk, Projector (PPT), discussion & debate
Total Teaching Experience: 15 Years
Total Industry Experience: 5 years court practice on criminal side
Fellowships, Achievements, Awards and Honors:
- Elected with highest votes in Borivali Advocates Bar Association, Borivali Court, 2009 – 2010.
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended:
- National: Panelist speaker in National Conference, www.empower.com organized by FOGSI (Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India) supported by Mumbai Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology (MOGS) on Sunday, 19th October 2014, at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute, Mumbai on “Women Empowerment”
- National: One day multi-disciplinary ICSSR sponsored International conference on “Contemporary Challenges before Women Studies” conducted by University of Mumbai, Centre for Central Eurasian Studies & Matushri Kanbai Lalbai & Motibal Lohana Kanyashala & Balikagruh - ISSN 2319-2429, December 2015
- Indian Journal of Applied Research (IJAR),
Volume- IV Issue IX, November 2014, ISSN: 2249-555X
- International Journal of Management and Humanities (IJMH),
Volume- 1 Issue- 3, December 2014, ISSN: 2394-0913
- International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science (IJERGS)
Volume 3, Issue-2, Part 2, April, 2015, ISSN: 2091-2730
- The International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (IJLRG)
Volume-1, Issue- 2, May 2015, ISSN: 2394-7829
- RMLNLU "Journal on CMET
Vol. II" September 2015
- National Seminar on Vision 2050: Future of Laws & Judicial Reforms, September 19th 2015,- ISBN No.- 978-81-926019-5-3, (Presentation & Submission)
- International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Management (IJR)
Volume –VI, Issue II, February 2016, ISSN: 2231-1009
- One day multi-disciplinary ICSSR sponsored International conference on “Contemporary Challenges before Women Studies” conducted by University of Mumbai, Centre for Central Eurasian Studies & Matushri Kanbai Lalbai & Motibal Lohana Kanyashala & Balikagruh - ISSN 2319-2429, December 2015
- The International Journal of Indian Psychology (IJIP)
Volume 3, Issue-2, No. 1, DIP: .01.007/20160302 ISBN: 978-1-329-78932-6, January - March, 2016
- Scholarly Research Journal, International Conference at Thakur College of Sci. & Comm. ISSN -2319-4766, Impact factor 4.9, January 2016
- International journal of legal sciences and research (IJLSR) ISSN: 2394 -7977, July 2016
- Global Journal for Research Analysis (GJRA)
Volume 6, Issue-3, Impact factor 4.547, ISSN No.- 2277-8160, February 2017
- Paripex Indian Journal of Research (PIJR) ISSN:2250-1991 | Index Copernicus Value: 79.96 | Impact Factor: 5.761, February 2017
- Protection of Children from Internet Harms: A Global Concern (Cyber bullying), - ISBN: 978-1-63042-534-0.
- Member on Editorial/ Review Board of Law-Mantra, a trusted website in the field of Law.
- Committee member on the Editorial Board with International Scientific Committee, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. Connecticut, CT 06878, USA
- Committee member on the Editorial Board of Legal Bloc, the Online Legal information Bloc and Online Journal.
- Member on Review Board of International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (IJSER).
- Member on Editorial Advisory Board Elixir International Journal Current Index Copernicus, Poland Value (ICV) is 80.82, and currently listed in Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Chairperson- LLM and Ph. D.