Ms. Mitali Gupta
Ph. D., MA in Economics, BA (Hons.)
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Indian Economy and Development Economics (specifically on Informal Sector)
Research & Publications
- Presented a paper titled “Subcontracting: A Solution or a Failure for the Indian Manufacturing Industry”, at Third Indialics Conference on ‘Innovation and Sustainable Development’, jointly organized by Center for Development Studies Thiruvananthapuram and Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi during 16-18 March, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “Informal Manufacturing Sector in Post-Reform India: A State-Level Analysis”, at International Seminar on ‘Changing Economic Parameters and Prospects of Growth in India and South Asia’, organized by Department of Economics, University of Lucknow, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh during 5-7 February, 2016. (published)
- Presented a paper titled “Assessment of Subcontracting Practices in India-with Special Reference to NSSO 67th Round (2010-11)”, at National Seminar on ‘Results of NSS 67th and 68th Round Surveys’, organized by National Sample Survey Organisation, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh during 2-3 July, 2015.
- Presented a paper titled “Role of Subcontracting in Structuring Changes in Economic Activity in Rural Areas of India” at the International Conference on ‘Labour and Employment Issues in the Context of Emerging Rural-Urban Continuum’, organized by S. R. Sankaran Chair (Rural labour), National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh during 12-14 March, 2015.
- Presented a paper titled “Performance of Subcontracted vs Non-subcontracted Firms in Indian Unorganised Manufacturing Sector” at the 97th Annual Conference of Indian Economic Association held at Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, Rajasthan during 27-29 Dec. 2014. (published)
- Presented a paper titled “Role of Inter-Linkages between the Formal and Informal Sectors in Structuring the Transition of Labour Processes in the Indian Manufacturing Sector” at the 56th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics organized by BIT, Mesra, Ranchi and Institute for Human Development, Eastern Regional Center, Ranchi, Jharkhand during 18-20 December, 2014. (published)
- Presented a paper titled “Vanishing Away of Informal Socio-Economic and Cultural Practices in wake of Globalisation” in National Seminar on ‘Challenges and Prospects of Indian Culture in Present Times’ organised by Department of Sociology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh during 29-30 March, 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “Pros and Cons of Commercialisation of Microfinance in India” in Conference on ‘Inclusive Growth and Microfinance Access’ held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh during 29-30 Januaury, 2011.
- Presented a paper titled “Women Entrepreneurship in the Changing World Economy: Issues and Perspectives” in National Conference on ‘Women Entrepreneurship in India’ held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh during 22-23 October, 2010.
Chapters in Edited Volumes:
- Gupta, M. (2015). Role of Inter-Linkages between the Formal and Informal Sectors in Structuring the Transition of Labour Processes in the Indian Manufacturing Sector. In R. Anand & A. G. Matani (Eds.), Industrial Engineering and Management (51-66). New Delhi: International Research Publication House. ISBN-987-93-84443-52-8.
- Gupta, M. (2014). Performance of Subcontracted vs Non-Subcontracted Firms in Indian Unorganised Manufacturing Sector. The Indian Economic Journal, Special Issue, pp 247-253.
- Annual Member of Indian Society of Labour Economics for two consecutive years- 2012-2013; 2013-2014.
- Annual Member of Indian Economic Association for one year- 2013-2014.
Alternate Email ID