Mr. Shrikant Aithal
Assistant Professor (Law)
Phone- 022 4235 5984
E-mail Id: Shrikant.Aithal@nmims.edu
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Pursuing M.Phil in Law from Department of Law, University of Mumbai
- LL.M. with Gold Medal from Department of Law, University of Mumbai on June 2013
- M A (Political Science) from University of Mumbai on June 2008
- LL.B. from Siddharth College, University of Mumbai on June 2011
- B A (Political Science) from University of Mumbai on June 2006
- Cleared UGC NET in Law in December 2013
- Cleared UGC NET in Pol Science on June 2012
M.Phil. Topic: Constitutional Mandate, Good Governance and Governmental Accountability from Department of Law, University of Mumbai
Areas of Research Interest: Political Science, Constitution & Administrative Law, Company & Securities Law, Procedural laws (CPC & Cr. PC)
Work Experience (Academic):
- Courses taught in Kirit P Mehta School of Law: Political Science, Constitution & Administrative Law, Company & Securities Law, Procedural laws (CPC & Cr. PC)
- Courses taught in School of Business Management (MBA - Law): Contract Management, Corporate Governance and Financial Market Regulations
- Courses taught in School of Business Management (Executive - MBA Pharmaceutical Management): Managing Compliances in Pharma
- Courses taught in School of Business Management (Enterprise and Family Business): Company Law I
- Visiting Faculty in K G Law School, Matunga.
Total Teaching Experience: 4 years
- Total Industry Experience (Court): 4 years (Civil side)
- 2 years in Rustamji Ginwala Solicitors and Advocates
Fellowships, Achievements, Awards and Honors:
- Late Nani A Palkhiwala Memorial - Gold Medal for securing highest marks in LLM (Department of Law, University of Mumbai) 2013
- Y.U. Chandrachud Memorial Prize (Yashwantrao Chavan Prathishthan, Mumbai) for securing 1st Rank in L.L.M. in Department of Law, University of Mumbai, 2013
- The Firdauz H.J. Taleyarkhan Memorial - Gold Medal awarded for securing highest number of marks in Constitutional and Administrative Law in LLM (Department of Law, University of Mumbai) 2013
As Resource Person in NLSIU Bangalore on Constitution and Energy Security on 18th & 19th Sept 2017.
Workshops and Professional Training Programs Attended:
- Paralegal Education in India by NLU Delhi, National Seminar (New Delhi) July 2016.
- Legal Aid Workshop by Tata Institute of Social Science, National Seminar (Mumbai) August 2016.
- Legal Aid - Access to Legal Services by Gujarat National Law University, National Seminar (Gandhinagar) April 2017.
- Faculty Development Workshop organised by SVKM's Pravin Gandhi College of Law, 14th - 17th March 2016.
- Faculty Development Programme on Goods and Services Tax by NMIMS Kirit P Mehta, 4th & 5th of Nov 2016.
- Faculty Development Programme on Effective Pedagogical Tools in Legal Education by NMIMS Kirit P Mehta, 11th to 17th Feb 2017.
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Head (Legal Aid Cell), Kirit P Mehta School of Law
- Area Chairperson for B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)