Ms. Sohini Shrivastav
Assistant Professor (Law)
Phone- 022 4235 5984
E-mail Id: email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- LLM (Constitutional Law) from Kakatiya University, in 2012
- B.A LLB(Hons) from Gujarat National Law University in 2010
Foreign Exchange Management Act and its implications in doing business in India
Work Experience (Academic):
Courses taught In Kirit P. Mehta School of Law in the Academic Year 2017-18:
- Land Laws,
- Law of Contracts,
- Principles of Taxation,
- Law of Insolvency and Bankruptcy and
- Foreign Direct Investment
Courses taught in NMIMS School of Business Management (MBA-Law) in the Academic Year 2017-18:
- Legal Methods
- Business Contracts
Teaching Pedagogy and Innovation:
I follow the practical approach to teaching. It involves a lot of real life case studies, workshop style classes for negotiation and drafting etc.
Total Teaching Experience: 4 months
- Total Industry Experience: 7.2 years as Senior Associate in D.M Harish & Co. Advocates
- In the aforementioned 7.2 years, have worked on several reported transactions in the fields of FEMA, Real Estate and Private Equity.
- My work involved advising clients, being actively involved in negotiations, drafting of transaction documents and ensuring successful completion of the transactions.
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended:
- International: Presented Research Paper on “Gender (In) Equality in Access to Natural Resources: A Developing Nation’s Perspective at the prestigious European University’s 10th Mediterranean Research Meeting, Italy, March 2009.
- National: Jointly presented a Research Paper on “The Diminishing Accountability Ratio in Media and Ethics” at the Asian Media Information & Communication Institute” International Conference at New Delhi in July 2009.
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Program Head of Corporate Law Centre of KPMSOL for the Academic Year 2017-18.
- Member of the Syllabus Standardization Committee in KPMSOL for the Academic Year 2017-18.
- Member of the Attendance Committee in KPMSOL for the Academic Year 2017-18.