Academic Year 2016-17
NMIMS – School of Law organized an Orientation Program for the new batch of B.A., LL.B
(Hons) & B.B.A., LL.B (Hons) - Academic Year 2016-17, on July 11, 2016.
The aim of the session was to acquaint the students with the management and authorities in
School of Law. Also, dignitaries from the Law fraternity gave an insight to the students about
how to benefit from the five years that they will be studying Law.
The program was conducted at Juhu Jagruti Hall, 1st Floor of Mithibai Building.
- Hon’ble Smt. Justice Roshan S. Dalvi
- Mr. Ashish Ahuja, Managing Partner, Wadia Ghandy & Co.
- Dr. Rajan Saxena, Vice – Chancellor – NMIMS University
- Shri Shalin Divatia, Mentor, School of Law
- Dr. Meena Chintamaneni, Registrar, NMIMS University
- Dr. Rhishikesh Dave, Dean, School of Law
The program compered by Mr. Rakesh Nambiar, Asst. Prof. started by lighting of lamp by the
dignitaries, followed by Saraswati Vandana & NMIMS Anthem.
- Dr. Rhishikesh Dave, Dean – School of Law, welcomed the students and briefed them
about the Academic details like the Course Structure, Syllabus and internship
guidelines that are formulated at the school.
- Further, Dr Meena Chintamaneni, Registrar-NMIMS, extended a warm welcome to
the students to the NMIMS University.
- Shri Shalin Divatia, Mentor – School of Law & Hon’ble Jt. Secretary – SVKM, also
shared his experience with the students and address the gathering with his views and
opinion on Law and Legal Education. He shared the progress and growth of SVKM
from a small school to the largest educational institute in Asia.
- Dr. Rajan Saxena, Hon’ble Vice chancellor began with explaining the essence of our
NMIMS Anthem. He spoke about the introduction of School of Law under NMIMS
University and the steady yet firm growth of the school in the last four years.
- Mr. Ashish Ahuja, Managing Partner, Wadia Ghandy & Co. was the Guest of Honour
for the program and shared his thoughts and experience with our students. He
stressed on self-discovery and motivated the students to find themselves, know their
core areas, enhance their skills by being a part of the various committees functional at
School of Law and enhance their overall personality by engaging in these activities
apart from legal education during lectures.
- Hon’ble Smt. Justice Roshan S. Dalvi, Retired Judge - High Court, shared her years of
experience while addressing the students. Her Ladyship emphasised on the emerging
area of Arbitration in the Law fraternity. Her Ladyship stressed on arbitration being a
fast growing area of law and how the students can benefit from the same. Her
Ladyship added to the importance of legal education and how the students should
grab the opportunity of being a part of an esteemed institute like NMIMS – School of
The session ended with a vote of thanks extended by Ms. Nazima Munshi, Asst. Professor-
Post Lunch, the second session included an introduction to the various academic rules and
regulations, facilities and other activities at the School.
- Deputy Registrar, Academics, Ms. Varuna Saksena, shared the academic guidelines
with the students. The students were instructed of the strict attendance rules of the
University and the implications of not following the attendance policy at the
- Assistant Librarian, Ms. Sangeeta Kamble, introduced the Library facility for the
students. She mentioned the quantum of books, journals, magazines and e-resources
available for the students at the library. She also briefed the students about the online
link on facilities like books and resources of other law schools under SVKM that is
accessible to students.
- Mr. Sujeet Choudhary instructed the students on the use of the Blackboard facility for
- Ms. Nadisha Vazirani, Asst. Professor – School of Law, introduced the students to the
Internship policy framed for the students, its importance and the evaluation criteria of
their internship records.
- A presentation on the specific rules at School of Law and Anti-Ragging policy was
delivered by Ms. Munshi Kanse, Asst. Professor, SOL.
- Thereafter the various committees at SOL, ie. Student Council, Moot Court, Debate,
MUN, Publications, Cultural and Sports Committees presented before the students the
essence of their committee and how can the students be a part of the same.
- Lastly the Faculty and staff at the school were introduced to the batch of students.
The program ended with the vote of thanks extended by Mr. Rakesh Nambiar, Asst. Professor,