Ms. Jharna Sahijwani
E-mail Id: Jharna.Sahijwani@nmims.edu
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- LL.M in International Trade Law from National Law University, Jodhpur - 2017
- B.Com LL.B (Hons.) from institute of Law, Nirma University - 2016
Areas of Research Interest:
International Trade Law, Cyber Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Research Projects (Grants undertaken):
Ongoing: Research Project on National Security of India and International Law under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Bimal N. Patel, Member of NSAB and Law Commission of India
Co-Curricular and extra-Curricular:
- Gold Medal Winner for being the Second Runners-Up and the Eighth Best Mediator in the 5th International ADR Moot Court Competition held at City University, Hong Kong.
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended:
- Panel discussion on Protecting Softwares through Patents: Current Challenges and Future solution organized by Gujarat National Law University though its Centre for IPR in collaboration with GNLU – Microsoft Chair on IPR Law on 7th October 2017.
- Capsule Course on Trade Mark Registration – The Process and Practical Aspects organized by Gujarat National law University, through its Centre of IPR in collaboration with GNLU – GUJCOST Research Centre of Excellence on IP Laws, Policies and Practices on 29th September 2017.
- Seminar on Real Estate Legal Regime: Issues, Challenges and Development organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar under its GNLU – CCEL Research Fellowship on Real Estate laws, Policies and Practices on 23rd August.
- Annual International Conference on “Current Issues in Domestic and International Arbitration” conducted by Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre at New Delhi on 18th February 2017.
- Faculty Development Programme and Research Methodology Workshop conducted by Gujarat National law University, Gandhinagar from 11th – 22nd May, 2017.
- Workshop on Investment Arbitration and intellectual Property Rights organized by the IPR Chair, National Law University, Jodhpur from 25th – 29th July, 2017.
- Arbitration Training Workshop conducted by Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, India at Institute of Law, Nirma University on 26th – 27th March, 2015.
- Mediation Training Workshop conducted Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mumbai at Institute of Law, Nirma University on 16th – 18th April, 2015.
- National: Presented a paper titled “Intelligence and its dynamics: Violation of Human Rights” in the National Conference on Human Rights, United World School of Law on 22nd July 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “The Role of Parliament, Local & Regional Governments in Strengthening Participatory Democracy in India” National Conference on Strengthening Participatory Democracy and Good Governance at Gujarat National Law University on 17th January 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “New India: New Retail Format with Changing Consumer Patterns” International Conference on Issues and Challenges in Retail Sector and FDI in India and Across the World at Symbiosis International University, Pune 13th – 14th February, 2013.
- International: Speaker for the topic Cyberspace Sovereignty and Attributability of Cyber acts at the International Conference on Cyber law, Cybercrime and Cyber security organized by Pavan Duggal and Associates on 16th – 17th November 2017 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- National: Session Chair for the Trilateral Winter Law School: National Security and Defense Laws and Practices – France, Germany and India organized by Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with University Paris Nanterre, Paris and University of Potsdam, Germany from 13th – 16th February 2018.