Mr. Sunil George
Assistant Professor and Area Chairperson, LLM
LL.M (Criminal Law and Human Rights), LLB, BA (Economics), NET (Law), SET (Law), Pursuing PhD in Law
Areas of Specialization
Criminal Law and Human Rights
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Pursuing PhD in Law
- Cleared UGC NET in Law in June 2016
- Cleared SET in Law in June 2014
- LL.M in Criminal Law and Human Rights from Mumbai University in May 2002
- LL.B from Government Law College of Mumbai in May 1998
- B.A. in Economics from Ruia College of Mumbai in May 1995
Areas of Research Interest:
Contract Law, Constitutional Law, Company law, Criminal Law and Human Rights Law.
Work Experience (Academic):
- More than Three years of teaching experience as an Assistant Professor at NMIMS, Kirit P Mehta School of Law
- One Year (approx.) as an Assistant Professor in M.K.E.S College of Law, Mumbai
- Worked as a Visiting Faculty in many Law Colleges like Jitendra Chouhan Law College, Advani Law College, , Thane Law College Adv. Babasaheb Apte Law College, CWC Law College and Rizvi Law College.(2011-2014)
Courses Taught in NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law in Academic Years 2014-18:
- Law of Contracts- I & II
- Constitutional Law
- Indian Penal Code
- Law of Torts and Consumer Protection Act
- Banking and Insurance Law
- Administrative Law
- Family Law-I
- Interpretation of Statutes
- Criminal Procedure Code
Courses Taught in NMIMS School of Business Management in Academic Years 2016-18:
- Business Contracts (MBA-Law)
- Legal Methods (MBA-Law)
- Legal Environment of Organisations
Courses Taught in NMIMS School of Commerce in Academic Years 2016-18:
- Business Law
- Corporate and Information Technology Law
Teaching Pedagogy and Innovation:
- Classroom Discussions and Debates.
- Use of Audio/Visual tools to make Lectures more interesting.
- Case Study based Projects that help tap the best in the law students.
Total Teaching Experience: 7 Years
- Having associated himself with the corporate world for almost 14 years in the Legal, Secretarial and Administration departments, he went on to pursue his passion which is teaching.
- Last Designation held was that of Senior Manager-Administration at Aker Powergas Limited- June 2006 – May 2011.
- Expertise in devising policies & directives, managing operations with focus on achieving the organization’s mission and strategic direction.
- A keen administrator with commendable success in General Administration, Travel Management, Facilities Management, Infrastructure Management ,Operational Planning, Policy Formulation & Implementation and Manpower Leadership.
Total Industry Experience: 12 Years
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended:
- Conference on ‘Innovations in Education’ organised by SPDT Skills Development Center and JJT University (28th April, 2018)
Workshops and Professional Training Programs Attended:
- Participated in Seven day Faculty Development Programme on “Effective Pedagogical tools in Legal Education” organized by NMIMS, Mumbai. (11th Feb to 17th Feb 2017)
- Participated in Two day Faculty development Programme on “Goods and Services Tax” organized by NMIMS, Mumbai. (4th & 5th of Nov 2016)
- Participated in Two day Faculty Development Workshop organized by Pravin Gandhi Law College, Mumbai (14th - 17th March 2016)
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Faculty Head, Debate Committee, KPMSOL, NMIMS, Mumbai, 2016-17
- Faculty in charge for Center of Corporate Laws KPMSOL, NMIMS, Mumbai, 2016-17
- Member of Disciplinary Committee, KPMSOL, NMIMS, Mumbai,2016-17
- Member of Sexual Harassment Cell, KPMSOL,NMIMS, Mumbai, 2016-17
- Faculty Head, Debate Committee, MKES Law College, Mumbai,2017-18
- Faculty Head, Guest Lecture Committee, MKES Law College, Mumbai,2017-18
- Faculty Head and Editor, Magazine Committee, MKES Law College, Mumbai,2017-18
Contribution to Public Service:
- Organised Blood Donation Drive in M.K.E. S College of Law in collaboration with Lion’s Club of Millennium in response to article appearing in Hindustan Times about shortage of Blood in Government Hospitals in the city of Mumbai.
- Actively Involved with Initiatives for protecting the Environment including Rivers, Water bodies, Mangroves and Natural Habitat in Charkop and Gorai
- Involved with the students of Jitendra Chauhan College of Law in the clean- up of the Versova Beach.