Ms. Afrin Khan
Phone - 022 42355875
E-mail Id: email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- LL.M from Symbiosis Law School, Pune (2015).
- P.G. Diploma in Media Laws from NALSAR Pro (2015).
- B.L.S LL.B from University of Mumbai (2013).
- Cleared Maharashtra SET Qualified. (2017)
Areas of Research Interest:
- Human Rights,
- International Humanitarian Laws,
- Refugee Law and
- International Criminal Law.
Work Experience (Academic):
• Faculty at Symbiosis Law School, Symbiosis International University, Pune. [2016-17]
Constitutional Law, Case Studies Interlinking and Hyperlinking, Law of Crimes, Law of Torts, Human Rights and Law and Medicine.
Teaching Pedagogy and Innovation: Applying the Socrates methodology of teaching.
Total Teaching Experience: 2 Years.
• Legal Consultant at Majlis Legal Centre. [2015-16]
• Associate at Gandhi and Associates (Corporate and IP Lawyers) 
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended:
- Presented a paper titled : “Medical neutrality during war times: the quandaries between impartiality, solidarity, neutrality and humanity” at the one-day International Symposium on ‘Contemporary International Affairs’ organized by The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs (ISSN 2518-3257), in association with the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. 
- Presented a paper titled: “Fact-Finding by United Nations Human Rights Complaint Bodies- A Critique” at Coherence, Second International Multi Disciplinary Conference held at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad. 
- Presented a paper titled: “The impact of Nuremberg Trials on the evolution of Genocide as a Crime against Humanity” at the 3rd National Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice organized by Knowledge Steez in collaboration with Youth for Human Rights India & All India Law Teachers Congress at Indian Law Institute, Delhi. .
- Participated at “The Changing Landscape of Internationalisation of Higher Education" conference organized jointly by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the Symbiosis International (Deemed University) .
- Presented a paper titled: “The violation of right to health with specific reference to civilians in conflict zones and refugees” at the one day conference on Health Law Jurisprudence organized by S.V.K.M’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai. 
- Presented a paper titled: “Human Rights of Climate Refugees: A critical analysis of their need for recognition and resettlement” at The Third National Seminar On ‘Green Law, Environment and the Climate Change’ organized by MATS Law School, Raipur. 
Chapters in Edited Volumes:
- Afrin Khan (2016), “Fact-Finding by United Nations Human Rights Complaint Bodies- A Critique”, Interdisciplinary Integration for Legal Enrichment, Asia Law House, ISBN 978-93-85989-98-8
- Afrin Khan ‘The violation of right to health with specific reference to civilians in conflict zones and refugees’- published in Health Law Jurisprudence: A 360 degree perspective at S.V.K.M’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai. ISBN 978-93-86196-55-2 
- Afrin Khan ‘Human Rights of Pirates: A critique’-published in ‘Balance’ at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad. ISSN 2455-6467 
- Co-authored a paper titled ‘Human Rights of Climate Refugees: A critical analysis of their need for recognition and resettlement’ published in MATS University Journal, ISSN 2250-3889. 
- Afrin Khan ‘Combating Female Genital Mutilation: Challenges involved and plausible solutions’ published by the International Journal of Legal Research, Volume 1 Issue 3. ISSN- 2349-8463 
- Authored a paper titled ‘Paws, Claws and Tails- The need for animal rights’ published in the annual issue of L’avocat- A college news letter at S.V.K.M’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law, Mumbai. .
- Afrin Khan, book review on ‘Memoirs of a boy soldier’ by Ishmael Beah, published by the World Journal of Juristic Polity, Volume 1, Number 2, ISSN 2394-5044. 
- Associate Member at The Indian Society of International Law (ISIL).
- All India Law Teachers Congress. [2017 onwards]
Workshops and Professional Training Programs Attended:
- Participated in a workshop on “IP issues in computer related inventions” organized at NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad. 
- Participated in MIPCON Conference and Exposition on “Managing IP Assets for Business & Academic Competence” organized by Andhra Pradesh Technology Development & Promotion Centre (APTDC) of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at Hyderabad. 
- Participated in a workshop on International Trade Remedies organized by Symbiosis Law School in collaboration with Economic Law Practice. [ 2014]
- Participated in a one day seminar on the “Right to Health” organized by Symbiosis International University, Pune. 
- Participated in the 3rd Government Law College International Law Summit as a delegate- “Theme- Anti Trust.” 
- Participated in a seminar on “Cyber security-Forewarned and Forearmed” 
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Presently, faculty in charge for Website Management at Kirit P. Mehta School of Law.
- Faculty in charge of Model United Nations Society at Kirit P. Mehta School of Law.
- Member, Center of Excellence at Kirit P. Mehta School of Law.
- Former faculty in charge for Centre for Policy Drafting and International Understanding at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad. [2016-17]
- Former faculty in charge for Center of Private Laws at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad. [2016-17]