Dr. Vrinda Mohan P.
Assistant Professor (Sociology)
E-mail Id: VrindaMohan.P@nmims.edu
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Ph. D. (Sociology) Kerala University (Degree Awarded) in 2012.
- M.Phil. ,Kerala University 2003
- PGDCA ( ET&T),Thiruvananthapuram ,2002
- MA in Sociology Kerala University in 2001.
- Qualified SET(Kerala)2003
- Qualified NET 2010
Expertise in Statistical Techniques/Dataset Handling/Technical Skills (ICT):
- Microsoft Office
- SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences)
Ph. D. Topic:
Hospitality Industry: Impact of Tourism in Coastal area of Trivandrum with special reference to Kovalam
Areas of Research Interest:
Sociology of Development
Worked as a research officer in UGC Minor Project, undertaken by Department of Sociology, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram (2010-2011)
- Working as Assistant Professor (Sociology ) in NMIMS KPM School of Law since May 2014
- Worked as a visiting faculty in School of Law, NMIMS University , Mumbai (2013)
- Worked as lecturer in KES Shroff College of law, Kandivali, Mumbai(2012-2013)
- Worked as Sociology lecturer in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Mulund, Mumbai(2011-2012)
- Worked as lecturer in Sociology, GPM College, Andheri, Mumbai(2010-2011)
- Sociology, Research Methodology, Criminology
Total Teaching Experience: 6 years
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended:
- Presented paper in UGC Sponsored national seminar on Topic “Tribal Health Care :Issues and Challenges in India ” organized by Loyola College of Social Sciences ,March 2017
- Participated in national seminar on “Changing HealthCare Scenario and Emerging Social problems ” organized by University of Kerala (2010)
- Presented paper “Emerging Trends in Medical Tourism ”in Sixth International Conference of Indian Association for Social Sciences and Health held at Pondicherry 2009
- Presented paper in the National Colloquium on Strategies for Youth Empowerment Organized by RGNIYD University 2009.
Memberships (Academic and Professional only):
- Annual Member of Kerala Sociological Society since 2003.
Workshops and Professional Training Programs Attended:
- Participated in seven day Faculty Development Programme on “Effective Pedagogical tools in Legal Education” organized by NMIMS, Mumbai. (11th Feb to 17th Feb 2017)
- Participated in Two day Faculty development Programme on “Goods and Services Tax” organized by NMIMS, Mumbai. (4th & 5th of Nov 2016)
- Participated in Two day Faculty Development Workshop organized by Pravin Gandhi Law College, Mumbai (14th - 17th March 2016)
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Area Chairperson for B.A. LL.B. (Hons.),September 2017 onwards
- As Faculty Coordinator of Cultural committee in SVKMs NMIMS, KPM School of Law, Mumbai 2016 onwards
- As Programme Coordinator in Faculty Development Programme on ‘Effective Pedagogical tools in Legal Education’ organized by School of Law, SVKM’s NMIMS, Mumbai during 11-17 February, 2017.